Intelligent, Aggressive Representation For The Injured And Disabled

Attorneys Gardberg & Kemmerly
Photo of attorneys Jonathan P. Gardberg and Colin Edward Kemmerly

Submitting VA Claims

by | Apr 23, 2024 | Veterans Disability Benefits |

Veterans often submit more than one compensation claim during their lifetime.  Since 2015, the VA has required that those claims be submitted on very specific forms.  Since 2019 and the implementation of the Appeals Modernization Act, the requirements for new claims have gotten even more complicated.

If you have never filed a claim for a specific type of service connection, you can file the claim on a VA Form 21-526EZ.  This form can also be used to file a claim for an increased rating.  However, if you’ve previously been denied a claim for these same benefits, the type of form changes.  You are also required to submit new and relevant evidence that supports your claim.

As VA disability attorneys and advocates, we spend a great deal of time reviewing files and new claims to determine the correct way to file a claim.  Submitting a claim on the wrong form can create problems and cause delays in the claim until the correct forms are provided to the VA.

In this ever-increasingly complex system, getting help with your VA disability claims is becoming more and more necessary.  If you have a claim for disability and need assistance, please call our office and speak with one of our Veterans’ Disability attorneys. Gardberg and Kemmerly is committed to helping injured and disabled Veterans obtain the benefits they deserve.  If you need help with a disability claim, call the office at 251-343-1111 or 1-800-332-1529 for a free consultation. Gardberg and Kemmerly is proud to serve Veterans across the country from our home office in Mobile, Alabama.



RSS Feed