Disability solutions for you and your family

Photo of attorneys Jonathan P. Gardberg and Colin Edward Kemmerly


by | Jun 28, 2023 | Firm News |

As the Social Security Administrations office and Office of Hearing Operations offices open again, you are required to have a valid photo ID. The Social Security Administration requires claimants to have valid photo identification for entrance to all hearings and for any consultative examinations in which they are scheduled to appear.

So what can you do if you do not have valid identification?

If you have an expired license or non-driver identification, you need to get this renewed and up to date as soon as possible. These fees range upwards of $30.00 in most counties.

If you have not served time for felony charges which resulted in your inability to vote, you can take advantage of the FREE voter identification program. The Social Security Administration will accept this card as valid photo ID for all exams and admission to the Office of Hearings Operations (OHO).

You must be a registered voter or eligible to vote. You can register to vote at these locations when you get your ID. While the comprehensive lists of counties and state offices can be found online, the following are for Mobile and Baldwin counties:

Baldwin County is located at 119 West 2nd St., Bay Minette, AL 36507

Mobile County is located at 151 Government Street, Suite 165, Mobile, AL 36602

You also need to supply 2 other forms of ID, such as a Birth Certificate, Marriage record, non-valid photo ID (i.e. expired), Medicare/Medicaid document, military record, official school records/transcript, Social Security card, State or Federal census record, hospital/nursing home record, or Certificate of Citizenship.

This is a great resource for those unable to afford photo identification from the license commissioner. If you or someone you know has a claim for disability and does not have ID, encourage them NOW to get this taken care as not to delay their claim. Again this is FREE service during an election year!

If you have a claim for disability please call one of the experienced disability representatives at Gardberg & Kemmerly, P.C. at 251-343-1111 for a free consultation. Gardberg & Kemmerly specializes in helping the injured and disabled in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Louisiana.


Client Testimonials

Mr. Gardberg – I am forever in your debt. I will never be able to tell you how much I appreciate what you have done for me. I praise you and your firm for all they did to help me in my disability case. Thanks for being so kind.

– L. Nelson

Saying thank you is easy, but you will never know how you impacted my life by helping me with me Social Security disability case. This thank you comes right from the heart.

– R. Turner

Thank you, thank you , thank you to all of the angels in the law firm at Gardberg and Kemmerly. I sincerely hope you know how much you did to make my life better.

– D. Thompson

FindLaw Network