Intelligent, Aggressive Representation For The Injured And Disabled

Attorneys Gardberg & Kemmerly
Photo of attorneys Jonathan P. Gardberg and Colin Edward Kemmerly

VA Offers Program to Assist Veterans in Finding Employment

On Behalf of | Mar 6, 2023 | Firm News |

If you are a Veteran who is unable to work due to a service-connected disability, you may be entitled to assistance through the VA Veteran Readiness and Employment: Chapter 31 program. The VA’s Chapter 31 program assists Veterans by providing them with job skills, as well as instruction on obtaining and maintaining employment. A Veteran has a 12 year period of eligibility to apply for Chapter 31 assistance, beginning when they separate from active duty or first receive notice of service-connection for a disability. Other requirements include at least a 20 percent combined evaluation, an honorable discharge, and a determination by Chapter 31 service that they require rehabilitation services.

Once approved, a Veteran may be granted assistance with tuition, job-seeking skills training, medical and dental referrals to the Veterans Health Administration, adjustment counseling, a training allowance, as well as other service which the Veteran may require. These benefits will be provided as part of a re-employment, rapid employment services for new employment, self-employment, employment through long -term services, and independent service plans tailored to the needs of the Veteran.

A Veteran can apply for the Chapter 31 program here, or by completing the VA Form 28-1900 “Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation” (Veterans can access the form and then mail it to their nearest VA Regional Office).

If you have questions about VA disability benefits, or believe that you are entitled to compensation for a disability incurred as a result of your active military service, please call our office and speak with one of our qualified Veterans’ Disability attorneys. Gardberg and Kemmerly is committed to helping injured and disabled Veterans obtain the benefits they deserve.  If you need help with a disability claim, call our office at 251-343-1111 or 800-332-1529 for a free consultation. Gardberg and Kemmerly is proud to serve Veterans across the country from our home office in Mobile, Alabama. We would love an opportunity to discuss your claim.



RSS Feed