Disability solutions for you and your family

Photo of attorneys Jonathan P. Gardberg and Colin Edward Kemmerly


by | Apr 30, 2015 | Personal Injury |

If you are hurt on the job, make sure you report it to your supervisor. The employer is required to provide medical treatment for the injury. This is done typically through an insurance company the employer previously paid premiums to in exchange for workers’ compensation coverage when its employees are injured.

The insurance company will select the doctor or the doctors who will treat you. They may also hire a nurse to accompany you and discuss the treatment with the doctor. Remember, these people are paid by the insurance company. Once treatment is provided and you are placed at maximum medical improvement by the doctor, the value of your case can be determined. The value of your case depends on your age, education, work restrictions, and overall physical disability.

There is no “preset formula” for determining the value of your case. Circuit Court Judges determine the overall disability you have as a result of the injury. The litigation process is typically needed to ensure that all your rights are protected and to ensure that the insurance company treats you correctly.

Feel free to call Gardberg & Kemmerly, P.C. at 251-343-1111 if you have a question about your worker’s compensation case.


Client Testimonials

Mr. Gardberg – I am forever in your debt. I will never be able to tell you how much I appreciate what you have done for me. I praise you and your firm for all they did to help me in my disability case. Thanks for being so kind.

– L. Nelson

Saying thank you is easy, but you will never know how you impacted my life by helping me with me Social Security disability case. This thank you comes right from the heart.

– R. Turner

Thank you, thank you , thank you to all of the angels in the law firm at Gardberg and Kemmerly. I sincerely hope you know how much you did to make my life better.

– D. Thompson

FindLaw Network