Remember those Social Security statements you used to receive in the mail each year around your birthday? You may have noticed that you no longer receive those. Due to budget concerns, Social Security stopped mailing them out. Now, however, you can access them online! Just visit Social Security online at http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount to access information. You can create an account and access information about:
- Estimates of your retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
- Your earnings record; and
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
This new online service is a great benefit to everyone planning their financial future or just curious about their Social Security and Medicare taxes. Take advantage of it!
If you already receive benefits, you can use the same link to access information including:
- Get your benefit verification letter;
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number; and
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment
Don’t wait in line at Social Security to get information you now have at your fingertips online!