Intelligent, Aggressive Representation For The Injured And Disabled

Attorneys Gardberg & Kemmerly
Photo of attorneys Jonathan P. Gardberg and Colin Edward Kemmerly

Do You Qualify for Wounded Warrior Status?

On Behalf of | Mar 23, 2023 | Social Security Disability, Veterans Disability Benefits |

If you have served in the military and have sustained injuries while on active duty, you may be entitled to an expedited claim with the Social Security Administration.

A case is designated as critical under Military Casualty/Wounded Warrior (MC/WW) status with the Social Security Administration if you meet the following criteria:

  • Have sustained an illness, injury, or wound;
  • Allege a physical or mental impairment, regardless of how or where it occurred (i.e. United States or foreign soil); AND
  • Sustained the impairment while on active duty status on or after October 1, 2001.

You will need to submit a copy of any Rating Decisions from the VA and a brief explanation to show that the impairment was sustained while on active duty status.

The Social Security Administration is not required to follow the same rules as the VA for determining disability. However, if you have a Rating Decision awarding 100% or are awarded Individual Unemployability (IU) then these criteria are usually not required and your claim will automatically be expedited.

There is quite a backlog of cases with the Social Security Administration and your claim can take months or years to get the decision you deserve. Our Veterans have a right to receive this expedited processing of their claims and these guidelines will help move your case much quicker and get you the benefits you deserve.

If you are a Veteran filing for disability please call and talk to an experienced disability representative at our firm who can help advise you on your claim. Additionally, our firm handles appeals on Rating Decisions for the VA. Call our office at 251-343-1111 for a free consultation on your VA and SSA claim. Gardberg & Kemmerly specializes in helping the injured and disabled in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Louisiana.



RSS Feed